This is one of my favorite go-to dishes. It’s very simple to make and transforms plain rice into a dish that’s much more flavorful!
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- On medium heat, add oil to pan then add garlic and onion. Stirring continuously for 1 minute. Add rice, cook for about 8 minutes.
- In a blender, make the sauce by adding 2 cups of water and tomatoes.
- Add sauce to rice then bring to a boil. Add salt.
- When boiling, reduce heat & cover for 20 minutes. Enjoy!