This recipe is perfect for those who don’t feel like cooking but still want something delicious. You can customize this recipe by incorporating your favorite veggies and seasonings. This is super easy to put together and the outcome is beyond amazing. Before you know it, you’ll be making a second batch!
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp vegan mayonnaise (I used Vegenaise)
- 1 clove garlic, minsed
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh dill, minced
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tbsp vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 whole Baguette
- Romaine lettuce, optional
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas with a fork or potato masher.
- Add celery, green onions, bell peppers, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, and garlic until combined.
- Then season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Slice the baguette and spread butter on each piece.
- In a frying pan, fry the slices of bread until golden brown. Then add some lettuce if you’d like then top each one with some of the chickpea mixture. Dig in!