This is one of my favorite dishes to make. I’ve made this a million times and for good reason! It only takes a few minutes to prepare and it’s so tasty. You can also make lettuce tacos by using romaine lettuce and filling them with tabbouleh.
Many people think quinoa is a grain but it’s actually a seed! I discovered it a few years ago and I’ve been obsessed ever since. It’s also a great source of protein and is a perfect ingredient to use in a salad, soup, stir-fry… the list goes on and on!
(Note: If you’re trying to stick to raw ingredients, you can soak the quinoa overnight and exclude the olive oil.)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 cucumber, chopped small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- In a medium pot, add quinoa, water, and little salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a slow simmer, cover, and allow to cook for about 15 minutes or until quinoa is cooked.
- Let the quinoa cool off for about 3o minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Then, add in the quinoa and place in the fridge for 1 hour.